- 1 Balkan Computer Congress
- 2 09|11|12 September 2016, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
- 3 The Museum of Contemporary Art Vojvodina Dunavska 37, 21000 Novi Sad
- 4 Our goal
- 5 Why will the congress be held in Novi Sad?
- 6 Call For Papers
- 7 News
- 8 General
- 9 Accommodation and Travel Information
Balkan Computer Congress
09|11|12 September 2016, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
LUGoNS – Linux Users Group of Novi Sad and Wau Holland Foundation from Hamburg and Berlin. It is the third conference taking place on the Balkans. BalCCon brings together hackers, hacktivists and computer enthusiasts from this area and they are joined by fellow hackers from all over the world. This event emphasizes the role of hacking as a means of peaceful cooperation and international understanding. The program consist of numerous presentations, workshops and lectures about information, privacy, technology, programming, free software and socio-political issues. One part of the congress will be dedicated to hacking, project and hacks.
Our major goal is to gather all the communities from the region and abroad so we can socialize, hack, play, learn, exchange knowledge and experience and of course, party together.
BalCCon aims to become the center of the hacker community in the region as well as to provide an opportunity for all the people in this part of Europe to connect and to cooperate. Last year we (LUGoNS) attended the CCC congress in Hamburg, and we considered the BalCCon idea with a lot of people and organizations there, receiving very strong support for the idea. The opportunity of expanding the community was pointed out, along with sharing of the newly acquired knowledge and exchange of experience.
Program and speakers will be taken through a “call for papers” few months before the congress. We have planned some special guests whose reputation is well known in the community. All applications sent by people will be stored and graded by congress orga people.
Why will the congress be held in Novi Sad?
LUGoNS is one of the oldest hacker communities in Serbia and we have existed successfully for more then a decade and have spread our knowledge and international experience.
The city of Novi Sad is suitable for hosting international event of this kind, because of its great geographical location, infrastructure, tourism support and mandatory technical support.
Call For Papers
Call for Papers for 3th Balkan Computer Congress - BalCCon 11|12|13 September 2015, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Dates and Deadlines
- July 1st, 2015 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
- July 15th, 2015: Final notification of acceptance
- September 11th – 13th, 2015: BalCCon Computer Congress
- Blog - https://events.lugons.org
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/BalCC0n
- Schedule of the official conference program
- Tickets – pricing and information on ticket sales
- Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ