Call for Papers for 4thBalkan Computer Congress – BalCCon2k16
09|10|11 September 2016, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
The Location: Novi Sad is the centre of Vojvodina, northern province of Serbia, famous for its multicultural history and active artistic and technological scene (e.g., music festival Exit and digital-media event Share). With a prestigious night life combined with the warm and welcoming character, Novi Sad offers inexpensive prices for lodging and dining, compared to the neighbouring EU. If you’re in Novi Sad or nearby during these dates, this is the place you want to be!
Our goal is to gather all the communities from the region, continent and the World in an effort to hack, play, learn, pass knowledge and exchange experience. BalCCon aims to become the central hacker community in South East Balkan, as well as to provide an opportunity for all people in this part of Europe to connect and to cooperate. Having said that, we would like to invite you to make and send us proposals for talks, lectures and workshops on all topics of relevance. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Free Software
- Electronics & Microcontrollers – things like Arduino’s, ARM, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- Hardware / Embedded Reverse Engineering
- Mobile Communications (LTE/3G/GPRS/HSDPA etc.)
- RFID, Bluetooth and NFC
- Network Security
- Software Security
- Programming Languages
- Hardware hacking
- Low-level hacking (console security & mobile devices)
- Next Generation Application Development
- Cryptography and Cryptoanalysis
- Social Engineering
- Robotics – humanoid, football playing, autonomous vehicles, (armed) drones
- Clouds – hacking, breaking, unexpected usage
- Future or No Future of IT Security – state of fail, new concepts and methods, implications for society and infrastructure
- Copyright and Patents – the war on file-sharing, alternatives to the current system
- Risk management and ISO 27001
- Penetration testing and security assessment
- Massive abuse of technology
- 3D Printing
Online submissions only: All submissions of lectures and workshops have to be entered into our conference planning system, which is located at the following URL: https://frab.balccon.org/en/BalCCon2k16/cfp . Please follow the instructions there. If you have any questions regarding the submission, you are welcome to contact us via e-mail at orga (at) balccon.org.
Talks should be no longer than 45 minutes plus 15 minutes for questions and answers. Longer slots are possible in principle. There are 20-minute slots as well. Please tell us the proposed length of your talk at the time of submission. In addition, there are 5-minute short talks (so-called Lightning Talks) for small ideas, projects, or rants. These will only be organized during the event.
Language of the Presentation:
BalCCon is an international congress, therefore your submissions should be in English. It is expected that we will have participants from all over the World, so it is important to have a common language.
The Balkan Computer Congress is a non-profit oriented event and speakers are not paid. However, financial help on accommodation may be possible, within our means, for all accepted submissions. Don’t be shy and state your requirements in the application when submitting your proposal.
Dates and Deadlines::
All submissions will be reviewed by our Program Committee. Authors will be notified upon acceptance of their talk.
- July 1st, 2016 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
- July 15th, 2016: Final notification of acceptance
- September 09th – 11th, 2015: BalCCon – Balkan Computer Congress
All submissions will be judged equally, disregarding race and gender. Organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program or disregard any proposal if found inappropriate for this congress.